Thursday 18 April 2013

Module 3

I have really enjoyed Module 3 and have spent a great deal of time exploring Google Docs.  I have thought of many ways that I could utilise this to improve work practice.
 Even though I am not a classroom teacher (and I could think of many great ways to use this in the classroom and have seen examples of Google Docs in action at school) I decided to use this to publish our Term 2 Learning and Teaching outline last week.  I am amazed at how many staff members commented on receiving this.  This has encouraged me to post the Inquiry Planner that I have been updating to incorporate the Australian Curriculum to invite feedback and collaboration.
I'm really quite excited about this as it is difficult to find time in the school day to authentically collaborate with staff when there is so much 'just in time' learning happening.  Google Docs gives a person time to think in their own time, to reflect and then to add their thoughts, opinions and suggestions.  I'm not quite sure why the following quote comes to mind, except that it reminds me to value the creative, the person - not the idea ... we all think differently and it is great to have the opportunity through the use of Google Docs to share each other's creativity and uniqueness.

"Grown-ups love figures.
When you tell them that you have made a new friend, they never ask you any questions about essential matters.
They never say to you, 'What does his voice sound like?  
What game does he love best?
Does he collect butterflies?'"

St. Exupery
The Little Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment